Hospital emergency rooms around the country are reporting higher numbers of patients coming in with dental emergencies. Most of these adults and children have postponed dental care to save money, but now have very large emergency room bills.
This is just one example of why it is important to stay up to date with your dental care. Postponing regular check ups, professional cleanings, or recommended dental treatment can result in:
- Inconvenient and expensive emergency care
- More severe damage to your teeth, resulting in higher cost and more time in the dental chair
- Losing a tooth that could have been easily saved
- More pain
- Having to take time off work or miss special events
- An unattractive smile that can impact your confidence and self-esteem
- Dangerous dental infections that can get into your blood stream
- Being angry or upset with yourself for letting things go
- Periodontal disease – the number one cause of tooth loss that is also linked to life threatening conditions like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s and more
So, while postponing going to the dentist may seem like the easy way out, the cost is high in the end. Don’t make things harder on yourself by postponing dental care. If you have not been in to see a dentist within the last 6 months or have pending treatment that has been recommended, the time to call and schedule a dental appointment is NOW.
And, if you need a dentist in the Knoxville area, we would love to help. We offer oral sedation dentistry for patients who don’t enjoy dental visits or want to get a lot of treatment completed in one visit. Our goal is to make your dental visits as easy as possible and we promise to take great care of you.
Call (865) 922-1613 – Knoxville TN