Dental implants can be used to replace missing teeth or as a foundation to help keep dentures in place. The treatment process is quite simple and often takes only two visits. At the first appointment the implant root is put in and after it has integrated there is a second visit to place the tooth on top.
There are many benefits to using dental implants. Here are some of our favorites.
- They preserve bone and protect your other teeth
- They are strong, stable, and in most cases last a lifetime
- Implants can be life changing for someone struggling with loose dentures
- They look and feel like natural teeth
- They are easy to care for and don’t get cavities
- You will be able to talk, laugh, eat, and sing with confidence again
- No treatment to neighboring teeth is needed
- They can help you look younger by supporting your facial structure
We have years of training and experience helping people feel like they have their teeth back with dental implants. And, all of the treatment can be completed in our office, without your having to see a specialist.
If you would like to learn more and find out if implants are right for you, call and schedule a consultation. We promise to take great care of you.
You can reach us at: (865) 922-1613 Knoxville, TN
When someone has had dentures for a long time, they often find that their dentures start to feel loose and not fit as well. This is because the constant pressure of the dentures wears down the bone and gum tissue used to support them. When this happens people may experience:
- Discomfort, pain, or sore spots
- Being afraid their dentures will fall out in public
- The appearance of aging faster
- Inability to chew well and absorb nutrition from food
- Losing confidence and becoming reclusive
- Having to avoid favorite foods like steak, apples, or corn on the cob
One of our greatest joys is helping denture wearers resolve these issues that can challenge them physically, mentally, and emotionally.
The solution that we provide is supporting dentures with dental implants. These implants are like man made roots that keep the dentures anchored and secure. The dentures are made so that they can simply snap over the implants and are easy to put in and take out.
The process for putting in implants and creating new dentures is generally easy to tolerate, but we also offer oral sedation dentistry to help our patients who want to avoid feeling nervous. No needles or IV’s are involved and they will feel relaxed and comfortable during treatment.
Dental implants are also a great option for people who are getting dentures for the first time. Starting with snap on dentures can prevent their ever having to experience the issues related to ill-fitting dentures.
With implant supported dentures, our patients can smile, eat, laugh, and sing with confidence again. And, that makes us smile too!
If you would like to find out if implant supported dentures are for you, call for a consultation: (865) 922-1613 Knoxville, TN