Choosing a new dentist can be a little scary, especially if you are in pain or have a dental emergency. But, there are some things you can do to ensure your initial visit goes smoothly.
Before Your Appointment:
- Allow plenty of time for travel and paperwork.
- Let us know in advance if your medical Doctor has recommended pre-medication or going off medications before dental treatment.
- Bring essential information including insurance cards, medical information, a list of medications you are on, and your Doctor’s contact information if you have a serious medical condition.
- Make a list of any questions you have so we can provide all of the information you need.
- Review your insurance benefits so you know what to expect.
- Let us know if you have special considerations like a back condition, dental anxiety, allergies, or difficulty hearing. This allows us to be prepared and take better care of you.
During Your Appointment
- Make sure you understand any recommended treatment, insurance estimates, and payment options.
- You may also want to take notes to help you remember.
- There are no wrong questions in our office, so ask away and get the answers you need.
- You can also call after your appointment if a question comes up later.
- It is always best to schedule your next appointment while in the office if you can. You are less likely to forget or postpone your dental care when we are already on your schedule.
We love new patients! If you are in the Knoxville area, we would love to help you with your dental needs and promise to take good care of you.
Knoxville Family and Sedation Dentistry (865) 922-1613