We understand that you may not get excited when we recommend a crown for one of your teeth, but it can be one of the best things you can do for it. We think of crowning a tooth as protecting it with a suit of armor as it will be wrapped in dental materials that are very strong and will keep it safe.
Dental crowns are usually recommended for teeth that have serious damage or are at risk of breaking. We are very grateful that we can protect and save your teeth because without crowns these teeth would likely be lost.
The main reasons we recommend crowns are to:
- Hold a cracked or fractured tooth together
- Protect a tooth that has been severely damaged
- Improve the appearance of a tooth in your smile
- Protect a tooth that has had a root canal
- Help replace a missing adjacent tooth
- Create a natural looking and functioning tooth over a dental implant
We encourage you to ask any questions you have about your recommended dental treatment. We want to be sure that you are clear and comfortable before moving forward.
If you do not already have a dentist you love in the Knoxville area, we would love to welcome you into our patient family. Please contact us at the number below to learn more or schedule an appointment. We promise to take great care of you and your family.
Ron Smith, DDS – Knoxville TN – (865) 922-1613