Oral sedation dentistry is an excellent option for a number of situations. Some of our patients choose it because they are afraid of dental treatment and others to help with challenges they face with regular dental care.
Some simply like it because it is fast and convenient, often allowing them to get all of their dental treatment accomplished in just one visit.
Dr. Ron Smith and our team are highly trained in oral sedation dentistry and attend regular continuing education courses to stay up to date with the latest recommendations.
We also have decades of experience providing this service for our Knoxville community and other patients who travel to see us.
You might be surprised by some of the reasons oral sedation dentistry might be a good choice for you:
- It is safe and effective
- You have fear or anxiety about dental treatment
- It is easy – you simply take a pill (no IV is needed)
- Taking care of your teeth can protect your health
- You want as few appointments as possible
- Your teeth have a history of being difficult to numb
- You have a strong gag reflex or very sensitive teeth
- You want a lot of treatment completed in one visit
- It is difficult for you to keep your mouth open wide
- Physical disabilities make dentistry challenging
- Lack of dental care can lower your confidence & quality of life
- You will be proud of yourself for getting your dental work done
If you would like to learn if oral sedation dentistry is right for you, please give us a call to schedule a consultation in our Knoxville, TN office. (865) 922-1613